Our wish for 2023….a new colleague!
The UNC Charlotte Urban Institute is looking for a new colleague in 2023. We are seeking applications for the Director of Research Translation and Engagement. Our new colleague wish list includes:
- Extensive experience creating content and using research to tell effective stories to a variety of audiences, particularly around issues relevant to the Charlotte region;
- The capacity to develop and maintain an online portfolio of research and stories relevant to the Charlotte region;
- The ability and desire to work alongside researchers to ensure their work can be translated to general audiences;
- A drive to maintain meaningful research and policy relationships in the community.
- Collaborative, curious, and innovative;
- Reflective of our community - The Charlotte region is one of the most diverse regions in the Southeast and we welcome and encourage applicants that reflect that diversity, particularly racial and ethnic diversity.
Our new colleague will be a key part of senior leadership at the UNC Charlotte Urban Institute. The position was most recently held by Ely Portillo and Mary Newsom. For more information or to apply, please see the job posting or contact Lori Thomas at LoriThomas@uncc.edu.